- New Here?
- Justice and Witness
- Spiritual Formation
- Child Care
Promoting your Event is Easy!
We can help you get started! Here are some guidelines.
You should book your event if…
- You are planning to use church space, or
- You want people inside and outside the church to know about your event, or
- You just want to be seen on the church calendar.
Here is what to do….
- Speak with a Ministry Team Leader, a Pastor, or the Church Administrator, and obtain permission to book your event.
- Then complete the Event Request Form. Your information will be delivered to our Calendar Secretary.
- When your event has been placed on the calendar, you will be notified by email.
You should promote your event if…
- It is a church function, and
- It happens infrequently, or
- It is significant in size or reach, or
- You want to reach a wide audience, or
- You want to sell tickets.
You should not promote your event if…
- It is not a church function, or
- Your audience is small, or
- Your event is a regularly occuring meeting.
Promote your event via our communications venues.
- Decide if your event should be promoted.
- To promote your event, complete and submit the form below. Your information will be delivered to the editors of the venues you selected.
- The more thorough the information you provide, the better we can promote your event.
- CURRENTS Newsletter – emailed weekly
- distributed via email to almost 500 readers.
- use CURRENTS to get the word out quickly.
- Facebook Group – our private community
- anyone can request membership, then post and read others’ posts.
- use our Facebook group to share with your friends.
- Facebook Page – our public profile
- this is our outward-facing FB presence.
- use this if you want to reach out to the world.
- Website event promotion page – custom built
- use the website to convey more complicated events.
- include photos, forms, links, etc.
- typically, this calls for some design work, which we can provide.
- Targeted website event listing – ‘upcoming events’
- these can appear on any page of our website.
- your event can be targeted to one or more of these, or just the Home page.
Gathering the information to promote your event is your responsibility.
- A brief event name or header.
- Your complete copy. This can be as long as you like, but at least one paragraph. It should identify the event sponsor and explain why the event is happening. Tell what will happen, why it is special, who it appeals to, and why someone should attend.
- The event date and time.
- The event location.
- At least one, and as many as three, high-resolution images. These can be photos or stock images.
- Contact information.
- Information about tickets, if applicable.
Please observe these guidelines when submitting your requests and/or materials…
- CURRENTS (weekly email newsletter) – Wednesdays by 1pm.
- Facebook (as needed) – as soon as possible, but at least one week prior.
- Website (as needed) – as soon as possible, but at least one week prior.
Note: Your event must be booked on the church calendar before we can promote it. If that has not happened, click on the button.
Remember, booking and promoting your event are two different things. You should always book your event on the church calendar in order to reserve your room and time slot. If you have any questions, contact email@example.com.