- New Here?
- Justice and Witness
- Spiritual Formation
- Child Care
Our Pastors are available to share your joys and provide counsel for your concerns.
Rev. Mike Castle
(937) 434 3941 Office
Rev. Dr. Michael “Mike” D. Castle is Senior Pastor of Harmony Creek Church. In 1997, Mike was the founding and organizing pastor of Cross Creek Community Church, UCC, which merged with Oak Creek United Church of Christ in 2012 to form Harmony Creek Church.
Before that, Mike served as a youth pastor, associate pastor and started two churches for Southern Baptists. Since coming into the United Church of Christ in 1996, Mike has served in various capacities in both the Southwest Ohio Northern Kentucky Association and Ohio Conference, and the national setting of the church, particularly in the area of church development. He has also been very active in the Alliance of Baptists, serving on its board. Mike has also been very involved in the leadership of Equality Ohio and in the Centerville-Washington Township Diversity Council.
Mike received a Bachelor of Music Education degree from Samford University in Birmingham, AL in 1985. He earned his Master of Divinity degree from Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, KY in 1991 (when it was still a seminary of high educational repute). He earned the Doctor of Ministry degree from Eden Theological Seminary in 2001 with a focus on the historical Jesus and progressive Christianity. Mike has two fine little boys, Gideon and Adin.
Rev. Ruth Hopkins is a Pastor of Harmony Creek Church and focuses on Adult Education, Communications, and Member Care.
Reared in the UCC, she received her Bachelor of Piano Performance and Music Theory degrees from Wright State University. She was trained as a mentor of theological reflection groups through Education for Ministry, a program of the Episcopal Church administered out of the University of the South. She remained a mentor for over 10 years.
After several years working as an independent piano teacher and Parish Administrator, Ruth entered seminary, earning her Master of Divinity Degree from United Theological Seminary in Dayton, OH.
She currently serves on the Southwest Ohio Northern Kentucky Associationâ€™s Members in Discernment Team. She also is the Chair of the Pastoral Excellence/Clergy Communities of Practice program and facilitates an Integration class for seminarians at United Theological seminary.
Ruth has a passion for Progressive Christianity as it relates to worship and education. She is currently working on developing a progressive core curriculum based on the Lectionary.
Ruth shares her life with her husband, Bob, and two large collies. She enjoys music, books, old movies and adding to their dirt collection.
Our staff is ready to assist you in any way they can. You can email them or call the church office at 937-434-3941.
- Kathy Swensen, Moderator
- Nick Tallyn, Moderator-Elect
- Judy Nablo, Secretary
- Joyce Audas, Treasurer
- Teresa Braden, Chair, Human Resources
- Melanie Tennant, Member, Human Resources
- Mike Lockwood, Member, Human Resources
- Kathy Wiedeman, Chair, Finance
- Mike Carman, Member, Finance
- LaPearl Logan-Winfrey, Member, Finance
- John Allen, Chair, Property
- Mary Taylor, Member, Property
- Mike Hammes, Member, Property
- Jeni Allen, Chair
- Carol Alexander, Chair-Elect
- Eric Nash, Calendar Secretary
- Marilyn Priser, Volunteer Secretary
- Elva Blatt, Worship Team Leader
- Marianne Rinaldo, Spiritual Formation Team Leader
- Mary Kirkendall, Justice and Witness Team Leader
- Kathy Swenson, Welcome Team Leader
- Ed Pettit, Stewardship and Financial Development Team Leader
- Michelle Alexander, Care Team Leader
- Stephanie Sackman, Communications Team Leader