- New Here?
- Justice and Witness
- Spiritual Formation
- Child Care
Our Governing Councils
We employ two Council bodies to conduct the affairs of the church. Both are accountable to the congregation. The Operations Council is concerned with the 'business' side of church affairs - Physical Plant, Human Resources, Finance, Legalities, and the like. This leaves the Ministry Council free to concentrate on programming, including outreach, care ministries, and justice.
The Operations Council, accountable to the Church, is elected and empowered by the Church to:
- Conduct the business of Harmony Creek Church when the Church is not in Annual Meeting or in a duly called congregational meeting in keeping with its administrative responsibilities of financial management, human resources, the child care center, buildings and grounds, church-owned properties, church governance, and legal matters;
- Act as legal representatives or trustees of the Church and take such actions and execute any documents necessary to accomplish the purpose of any matters authorized by the Church or stated in this constitution;
- Propose amendments to this constitution as deemed appropriate and necessary;
- Appoint persons to serve the unexpired terms of council members who leave the Operations Council;
- Establish and maintain an Operations Council Policy and Procedure Manual to guide and govern the work of the Operations Council, which shall also include policies and procedures related to human resources, finances and buildings, ground and properties;
- Prepare and present a budget for approval to the congregation each year;
- Make minutes of its meetings and financial reports available to the congregation;
- Organize and implement the annual meeting of the Church and any other duly called meeting of the Church;
- Make decisions related to any matters concerning the ordination process of appropriate ministerial candidates;
- Select delegates and alternates to attend and represent the Church at stated meetings of the Southwest Ohio Northern Kentucky Association and the Ohio Conference of the United Church of Christ as well as the Alliance of Baptists.
The Ministry Council, accountable to the Church, is elected and empowered by the Church to:
- Coordinate the programmatic functions of the Church;
- Establish and maintain the Church’s calendar;
- Recruit, coordinate, train, and equip volunteers to serve in the Church’s various ministries;
- Lead the Church in the nurture and development of long-range planning and visioning;
- Appoint persons to serve the unexpired terms of council members who leave the Ministry Council;
- Establish and maintain a Ministry Council Policy and Procedure Manual to guide and govern the work of the Ministry Council; Make available the minutes of its meetings to the Church;
- Work with Operations Council and its officers to establish and manage all budgets related to the work of the Ministry Council.